Happy August, loves! May this month bring you prosperity in all aspects of life. May God turn all of your can’ts into cans, your confusion into clarity, your stress into peace, and your burdens into blessings!
9 Month No Heat Challenge
August 1st started my 9 Month No Heat Challenge — a whole school year. I did this last year and it was a success! I witnessed sooo much growth and difference in strength and bounce in my hair by the end of April 2017. This year I’ll have a strict routine for my natural hair, considering last year (due to my bad techniques when choosing protective styling) I ran into some problems like split ends and hair breakage. Last year my main protective style was human hair wigs, but this time around I want to expand and try crochet braiding, other braiding styles, and synthetic wigs that are affordable for college students. My first protective style is my synthetic wig from Sam’s Beauty.
Here are my guidelines/routine:
- Wash day & re-twist (every other Monday)
- Co-wash, detangle, twist
- Include a hair mask every last Monday of every month into your wash day
- Spritz water to hair every day in the morning
- Take hair vitamins once a day
- Nature’s Bounty Biotin, The Mane Choice (this is the one I’m using), Hairfinity Hair Vitamins, etc.
- Night time routine
- sleep with satin scarf with an optional satin pillow case
- If wearing a wig
- apply oil around edges and nape area before applying satin scarf
- when in the mood to give hair a break from being in the twists, take the twists out and use your satin scarf to pull hair into a pineapple
- apply Jamaican Black Castor Oil (or your oil of choice) to scalp and ends of hair
- Drink a gallon of water at least 3 days out of the week
- Switch protective style every 1-1.5 months
- NO CUTTING YOUR HAIR OR APPLYING HEAT WHAT SO EVER!
Here’s a few pics of me this summer wearing my natural hair. I loved it! To read all about last year’s 9 Month No Heat Challenge, click here.
More pic mail! This is the Outre Synthetic Dominican Curly Full Lace Wig! I love, love, love this wig! IT WAS $25 FOR THE FULL LACE and $16 FOR THE HALF WIG VERSION. I got it in a 1B, and when it arrived it was soft and bouncy. The curls were AMAZING. It was big, full, and long which didn’t work for my height because I’m so short. I just took my scissors and chopped it down a bit to frame my face and sit on my shoulders, and it still looks full and big. 10/10!
NYC Trip + Youtube Channel
I’m so excited guys! Some friends and I are heading to NYC this week! We deserve this break honestly. We’ve been working so hard this summer, so it’s only right we take some time off! But of course, Charley Moné won’t be taking a break from blogging. I’ll be mixing pleasure and work this weekend.
I’ll be vlogging my visit and creating a look book which will turn into my first Youtube video for my Youtube Channel! I’ve been wanting to take this step and venture out to a new platform for so long, but I had to take time to really think about how I wanted to represent myself and brand myself through Youtube before actually posting anything.But yes, be on the lookout for that video! In the meantime, subscribe to my channel [click here] so you can be first to get a notification for when the video is posted! All of my videos will be linked and posted to my blog as well for easy access. Also, follow me on Instagram and turn your notifications on to view the beautiful pics I’ll be posting while there!
Anyone ever visited NYC? Give me the best places to visit — comment below! I really could use the insight. Also, just want to thank you guys for reading my blogs and interacting with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support!
Sidenote: I’ve been getting pretty active on Pinterest, follow me there!
Question for today: if you could go anywhere in the world and blog and/or live for a year, where would it be and why?